Thank you for visiting Ladue School District’s Proposition R: High School Renovation website. We’re happy to announce that Proposition R passed on April 5, 2016, with 64% of voters supporting an $85.1 million bond referendum to renovate Ladue Horton Watkins High School, as well as other less extensive projects on other district campuses.
This website was originally created to provide the Ladue Schools community with information about Proposition R and will now be utilized to provide information about the renovations and improvements as they progress. In fact, you can actually watch the demolition and rebuilding of the southwest portion of the building right here!
The webcam began recording on Monday, Aug, 5, 2016, and the “time lapse” feature updates daily. Please check back often!
Have Just a Few Minutes to Learn About this Project?
By taking five minutes to watch this video, you’ll learn why this project was proposed and what improvements are to be made. Be sure to check out the animated aerial view below to see what the outside of the fully-renovated high school will be like!
Take a Virtual Tour
One of the best ways to learn why so much time and effort has gone into this project is to take a tour of the high school prior to renovation. While hundreds of people took the opportunity to do this in person before the vote, you can still do it right here!
The following information is also included on this site…
- Project Status. Get the most up-to-date information about the progress of construction, including a general construction timeline, information about what staff and students can expect during construction, and the sustainability features of the newly renovated building.
- Background. In this section, you will learn the history of the current facility and why a significant high school renovation is needed.
- Project Research. In this section, you will learn about the research and analysis that was done to identify the challenges of the facility and the factors that were considered in developing plans for the renovation. A summary of the results of a Community Survey conducted in the fall of 2015 is included in this section, along with a link to more detailed information. This Community Survey provided the Board of Education and administration with valuable information about the level of awareness and support for various components of the project, as well as the project overall.
- Building Concept. This section includes general floor plans of the design, as well as a link to additional background behind the design process and the preliminary concepts first used to begin conversations regarding the characteristics and features that should be incorporated in a new high school facility.
- Funding. This section outlines the cost of the project, as well as anticipated funding sources. It also includes an interactive Tax Calculator so you can see the estimated increase in property tax for an individual home as a result of the passing of Proposition R.
- Breaking New Ground or Playing Catch Up? In this section, you can see the current Ladue Horton Watkins High School facilities in comparison with surrounding public school facilities.
You can also learn more about this project in the News and Publications section. Here you will find news stories and articles published about this initiative since the research began in February 2014. Of particular interest may be two Ladue Schools Today segments dedicated to explaining the academic needs behind this renovation initiative and what has been done to keep the educational process uninterrupted during construction.
Comments? Questions? Suggestions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org